Sunday, 4 February 2007

Turning Point!

Work is crazy long hours, so many meetings and just stressful and when you are tired from only seeming to be able to get 5 hours sleep a night everything just feels even harder! As I explained to someone at work I think if I could go home to someone it would be easier because you could work from home but still be sociable... but for me there is no one there so I have to go out and have a social life - which although fun does require an effort (with the exception of Liz and Vicky)! So anyway last week everything sapped my energy, made me cry, made me miss Geneva, UK just about everything... I was tired and totally over emotional and I couldn't snap out of it!

The hardest hardest thing about being here is not being able to talk to friends when you want to and only being able to communicate via snatched phonecalls at the start and end of the day or via emails, I have been told that I will get used to it but I am so used to having lovely evening chats with my friends and now I can't its really a big hole in my life.

When Friday night came along I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.. I managed to catch Lucy on the phone for a lovely natter and we put the world to rights and again she made me feel loved and better about myself. Lu suggested that I take a nap and then go out for a couple of drinks later on.

Ummmmm just a couple didn't really happen... I got home at 2am having danced to BAD 80's music, met some fun people and drunk rather too much white wine!! On my way out (to a bar called The Good Life :0) after my nap I gave myself a talking to... I'm here in Boston, this is the path I have chosen and its full of opportunities and fun times and I need to start really living it! Well I guess the talking to worked!!

Saturday morning started off horribly - my head HURT!!!!

But then England won - welcome back Johnny!! My dining room table and spare room mattress arrived.... and I felt HAPPY and at HOME!!

I got very excited about my furniture... as Mum said I said 'I really like my table' about 10 times in 2 minutes... so here it is and I can't wait for you all to come and share happy meal times with me at it. It has made a really big difference to my home and I'm really pleased that I purchased such a beautiful wooden piece - Gramps you would've loved it!




Ailsa your room is ready and I am SOOOO excited that this time in 2 weeks you will be here and in 3 weeks we will be in Jackson Hole...!! :0)



Last night I went out again - I know its unheard of but hey I can't ski or do any exercise (or wear heels) due to an injured leg :0( so why not go out and party!!

Today was a perfect Sunday (other than I can't run) I spent 4 hours on the phone to friends and I reconnected and it was FAB, the best was seeing Family Jones on Skype -Emily and Olivia you are soooooo special and I cannot wait to see you for more Biff and Kipper stories and skiing in 6 weeks time! Tonight I have done admin and cooked dinner and 'watched' the Superbowl on my sofa... Indianapolis won! Here it is on my big TV!



I really feel like I'm on the up again on my rollercoaster... certain things have been put into place this week and that feels good... Life is GOOD!!

Thanks to everyone as always its your friends and family who make your world...! Lots and lots of love to you all and the biggest of hugs!!

Oh and Lucy here's one for you ;0)

No comments: