So Friday night I (and another girl Oxana) flew Jet Blue airlines... (think EasyJet but Blue!!) up to Buffalo... given that Boston was 14F on Friday and we were heading to the shores of Canada I was quite dubious about what the weather was going to be like but I was really looking forward to having a chill out weekend and exploring my new country!!
So the first thing to explain is that this is Lucy....being cuddled by new owner Liz and we were here to take her back to Boston!
Friday night we spent a very relaxing evening chilling at Liz's parents house and eating Buffalo wings! Very yummy!
Saturday morning after waking up late and having a BIG breakfast cooked by Liz's Dad us girls went to see NIAGRA FALLS!
Niagra Falls - US side
I was glad I had bought my Duvet coat last weekend!!
The American Falls
That's Canada behind me!! Oh and for those of you that suggested going on the Maid of the Mist ride.... maybe in the summer - it doesn't run when the mist is falling as ice!!
Saturday night we warmed up and had another chilled evening at the Henry home and then on Sunday we headed off on our road trip back to Boston with Lucy!
Here's our wagon that we hired for the road trip... now I can really say that I have driven US style!!
Thanks to Liz, Lucy and the rest of the Henry family for a lovely weekend away - a great first weekend of exploring in the US!!
2 comments:
Glad to see your adapting to US life....once you have Buffalo wings and driven an SUV your are really getting into American life ;-)..good places for wings in Boston are hard to find. Here's an article to find them locally :http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articles/2006/09/13/wings_the_ultimate_finger_food/ All the best, G
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment