Sunday, 14 January 2007

Farewell to Geneva....

Friday 5th January

I wrote my leaving on a Jet plane posting about leaving Geneva but I actually want to write a bit more about leaving Geneva....

Friday 5th January was odd... for most of the day I felt like I was having an outer body experience... was it really me leaving.... It was one of Geneva's finest days... blue skies, great view of those precious mountains.. perfect!! So I bade an emotional farewell to the office and then went to Carla's for one last cuppa and chat before a very tearful farewell... Carls I still cry when I read your card!
Then it was off to see Matt, Mary and Molly for one final cheeky drink over the road... one of the few times I have left there without being hammered!! And then it was off to my French pad... chez Damian and Hazel for supper with Toni, Ian, Paul, Carol and Anita.... It was such a lovely evening and I felt remarkably calm... like I wasn't leaving at all really... but then when everyone started leaving my tears started again...

Saturday morning..... strangely I woke up feeling excited and actually very calm about leaving. I had said all my farewells in Geneva and it felt good to be going to the UK to see friends and family there.

So here's a picture of me with my 60kgs of luggage waiting to be checked in... and here are Damian and Hazel who had come along to make sure I really left!! We all look quite jolly here but what there isn't a photo of is a sobbing Hazel nearly tearing down the partition when I went through passport control... nor of me sobbing on the other side... I had passed the point of no return.... The poor man in the baggage check queue even had to ask if I was ok!


And so to the UK.....

No comments: