
Having spent the last couple of weekends in Boston I thought it would be good to get out of town and explore the area a bit. And I really really wanted to find a beach and have a walk...
So we headed out on Route 95 North up to Newburyport which I had been told was a quaint little town on the water. And indeed it was! I had my first ever Starbucks and then we spent some time walking around and checking out the boutique style shops before going for lunch at 'Grog'
After lunch we went for a walk along the quay which was very nice....
I still hadn't found a beach though....... but then we happened to miss the turning for home and went onto Plum Island.... and look what we found...!!

So we had a big stomp along the beach - it was freeeeeezing but this is definately a place I will come back to again and again summer and winter..
Sunday night we went into town with Liz and had dinner at Armani Cafe on Newbury Street which was ok think it will be better in the summer when you can sit outside!
On Monday I left Ailsa at home and went to work and Ailsa had a great day wearing the Duvet coat and exploring museums cos it was too cold to walk outside!! But then evil Jo came home and made her go for a run along the river... brrrrrr but it did de stress me after my rubbish day so it was worth it!
But then I was very nice and took her to Monday night club at The Dish! Monday night club is Liz and my club and basically its our way of easing ourselves into the week over a glass/bottle of wine depending on the Monday!!
On Tuesday again I went to work and Ailsa went exploring.... it was a bit warmer today so she was happy... she even opened a shop!!
Tuesday night we went to Stella with Liz. Liz helped set up Stella and is proud to call it her second home... we had a FAB night... the food is excellent - Robin the chef spoilt us with lots of scrummy food and Peter the barman spoilt us with lots of scrummy alcohol! The eye candy was verrry nice too until Liz pointed out they were all gay...... not ideal!!
Today I went to work feeling rather worse for wear.... and Ailsa went to Harvard... she's a posh bird you know!!
So I have one day left at work and then its off to find the snow bums Pete and Emma in Jackson Hole and it will hopefully weather permitting be my chance to see the sunshine and get some snow action!! I cannot wait.....
Its been really lovely having Ailsa here and has made me feel much more at home... we've explored and we've chatted (funnily enough) and generally just had fun as great friends do! Thanks Ailsa for a lovely week, I'm glad you've had a fun time exploring my new home city and chilling in my new home.... Roll on next week though when I don't have to go to work and we can play in the snow not slip on the ice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment