Thursday, 27 September 2007

One month to go

Its the 28th September tomorrow and in one month's time I will be running a marathon!!

Yikes!!!!!

My training was going really well until 2 weeks ago when my hip seized up after my run in Geneva... I took it easy for a week more because I had a cold than any other reason but then when I went for a run on Sunday I could only do 5 miles before it REALLY hurt in my hip/bum!

I had a sports massage on Monday and then I tried to run Tuesday but had to give up after 3 miles - that same pain again...

So this morning I went to physio! OUCH!!!!!! After some stretching the lovely phsiotheraphist decided that all the muscles under my gluts in my right butt cheek are inflamed and they are pressing on my sciatic nerve hence the pain!

Lovely - so she tried to massaged it out - not that pleasant given that she did it with the point of her elbow!! BUT the good news is that if I go to get my butt massaged by an elbow twice a week for the next 4 weeks and I lay off the running a bit and do a lot of cross training then I will be able to do my marathon!

Yipppeeeee!!! And yes I do know that I am a nutter for being excited about running 26.2 miles!

2 comments:

Mum & Dad said...

Think yourself lucky it is only muscular! It will go away.............so do as you are told and you will do well with the run .
Barry here watching this and sends his love.

D

matt mary said...

hi jo, we got ur postcard this morning thnks. all is well here the cold season has started in the house so i guess we will have runny noses for season. Bon courage from us all.