This weekend is a long weekend and as there was no Terry around to make me hike up mountains I decided to have a chillout weekend in Boston!
It started perfectly at 3pm meeting Meg and going for a mooch round the shops and a pedicure, it felt good to have my bank card back T - and its clearly the card that makes us spend money ;0) After a good run Liz and I headed to Cambridge for dinner at Central Kitchen - other than the horrid waiter it was a fun night out catching up!
Saturday's lie in didn't really happen as planned but I did chill on the sofa and watch 'Holiday' and catch up with people on skype :0) thank god for skype its brilliant!! I caught up with Liz in town and then I went to get new trainers and get my haircut - see its a me weekend!!
I did miss my bro though especially when I was walking round town in my white glasses and people were looking at me - but I called T and he said they were only jealous they didn't look as cool as me so then I was smiling my way along Newbury street with my posh new haircut and my big white glasses!!!
Saturday night Camelle and I met up - we decided to meet at 6.30 and head to the only place that we go to on a sunny evening... Tavern on the Water! Camelle has been away for 10 days and there was a lot to catch up on!! So we got to the bar sat in the best seats over looking the harbour and soon enough we were onto our second oh and then third bottle of our favourite wine!!!!! So FAB having you back Camelle.... but next time we got to TOTW we're stopping after the 2nd bottle!!!!
Sunday was OUCH sore head time..... but I didn't plan to do much today so that was good as I really didn't do a lot, well except spend HUGE amounts of time on skype and on the phone catching up with people!
Nas..... I miss you sweetpea!!! So fab to chat to you! I promise to run quick in October so I qualify for Boston and then we'll get you a charity place and we will run together! Love you lots!!
Ailsa.... Terry.... - thank you..... you are always there whenever and about whatever! Thank you for being my rocks! See you at the weekend!
Last night was very unusual... I sat on my sofa at 6pm and I barely left it until 10pm... it felt lovely! Me time, chill time and 2 dvds!
So after a chilled evening and 8 hours of sleep I was raring to go this morning! A bit of Razorlight on in the car as I headed to the running club to meet Jen and I just knew that today was a life is very good day!!! I was about to do something I love, I have a great new friend (Jen) and it was a really sunny day!!
Camelle and I had actually been kayaking in Gloucester a few months ago and this was where the race was so I have achieved my goal of coming back to this lovely area. The race all 25km/15.7miles of it was GREAT... it was all along the coast line that I had kayaked and it was really pretty!! Jen had warned me it was hilly - she didn't really tell me HOW hilly though..... but I love hills - well I did until the one at 15.2miles which quite frankly hurt like hell as this Duracell bunny was out of juice!! I did it in 2hours 10mins though which is right on target for a good marathon time (and I even managed to dance a little jig with the man dressed up as a rabbit at mile 12 - don't ask.... it just seemed like the right thing to do he looked lonely and he made me smile so I danced with him!!!) Jen aka Harriet have a chat thanks for the run and not being Susie have a snooze on the way home!! :0)
So its now Monday afternoon and I have to do some work so that I can have the afternoon off tomorrow to go to the dentist... yuk and yuk!!!! Tonight its BBQ time with Denice.... I love it when someone else cooks for me ;0)
All in all a chilled weekend and I'm happy and smiling and VERY VERY VERY much looking forward to leaving on a jet plane on Thursday night for a UK, Poland, Switzerland trip!!
Big hugs and lots of love to you all xxxxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jo,
I had a blast as well, despite having feet that felt like cement blocks! Remind me to NEVER have spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast on race day :0)
Jen.
can't wait to see you on Friday!!! Girls are saving up there hugs and We are delighted that Auntie jo is back to do the early morning shift !!! tee hee!! see you friday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment