Monday, 28 April 2008

A quiet (ish!) weekend!

So after my hectic first week and weekend in Boston were so hectic I thought I had better calm down! And actually I got a bit sick so calming down was kind of enforced upon me....

By Thursday I was bored of my sofa and my own company so after going for a swim with Meg I went and met Ihab, Sheriff and Trisha and went for a curry in town! It was really funny eating rice again as I hadn't had it since being back in Nepal and when I was there I kind of got sick of it so I was surprised that I really enjoyed it! I also had paneer too which is a cheese and its really nice! Nas and I had it in Nepal and it was nicer there!

Friday night it was time to treat the feet to a pedicure - they needed it after 2 weeks trekking!! Then it was off to Camelle's for some supper a good catch up and just a little bit of NZ Sauvignon Blanc!! :)

Saturday was a quiet one... couple of chats with UK friends and a bit of admin - back to normality type stuff! IN the afternoon though I did have a game of tennis with colleague from work - that was entertaining! Other than one game last year I think its been 15 years since I played.... and yes some lessons wouldn't go amiss!!

Saturday night Denice had a dinner party which was lovely - really chilled! Great company and excellent food! The only issue with the evening was that it was being held because Denice is moving.... not something I feel like dealing with yet!!!

Sunday morning came about and I wasn't hungover as I had expected to be having spent the night partying with Denice. So I went for a 6 mile run by the Charles which was lovely..... all the blossom was out on the trees and although it was raining it was a lovely day!

The rest of Sunday I basically spent on the phone... what do you expect... Charlie and I had a catch up call and she had been away for 4 months so there was sooooo much to catch up on! Even after 2 hours on the phone we decided that we still needed to have a part 2 catch up next weekend!!

Sunday evening I met an old UK friend (Sally) who was in Boston visiting family, we went to Jury's and had a good catch up. She has just given up work and is taking time out.... ummmmm now that sounds appealing hey Nas!!??!!

So my title for this posting was originally 'A quiet weekend' but I have just changed it because on reflection it wasn't really that quiet was it!!

Lots of love to you all xxx

No comments: