Monday, 21 April 2008

Back in Beantown!

Being back in Boston has been fun this week!


Monday night Meg came over and we had a big catch up and she was the first person to brave being bored by all the photos! Tuesday night I had dinner with Denice, Wednesday night it was out with Ihab.... 2 glasses of wine and I felt very drunk! Oooops! Thursday night it was girls night out with some girls from work - I lasted til 9pm and then had to go home to sleep... I had been waking up at 3am due to jetlag every day - not fun!


Friday night - well lets just say it was one of those spontaneous nights out! Meg, Luke, Camelle, Adrien, Scott, Ihab and I all went to Legal for dinner and after a lovely dinner some of us carried on.... and on.... and the next morning was ouch sore head time!!!






Saturday morning I had to be up early to go see the foot doctor - that was painful! The getting up not the doc visit! The afternoon was spent enjoying the sunshine in Boston - this city is lovely in the sunshine!! Check it out!






The rest of Saturday was spent chilling with friends and by 10pm I was completely exhausted!


9 hours sleep later and it was marathon time! Not for me but for the 150 top women in the USA - they were running in the olympic trials at the end of my road!!!!!! So I went to meet my friend Jen from the running club and we watched the runners... it was so cool because thye course was 4 laps and so they came up and down Mass Av (end of my road!) 4 times and we saw the race develop.... so awesome!! So lovely to see you Jen and Good luck tomorrow - you can definately break 4 hours missie!!!



Boulet - who led by over 1.30 mins for 23 miles




Deena Kastor - the USA's Paula.... except she isn't quite so cool or good!!!



Magdalena Lewy Boulet was leading for the first 23 miles but then the favourite (and local mass girlie!) Deena Kastor though reeled her in and finally caught and over took her and finished in 2hours 29mins!!! They were quick...!! I got goosebumps watching them... its time to get back to running proper style! I love running and miss not having it in my life.



So with that I put my runners on and went for a quick 5 miler round the river.... and smiled all the way!



Today (Monday) is Patriots Day so we have the day off - I am just going to go for a bike ride with Meg and then its Marathon time again (what a great weekend!!) this time its the Boston Marathon! Last year watching it I said I would be running not watching but hey ho it wasn't to be - but who knows fingers crossed for next year!!




So... being back in Boston has been fun and I have certainly had a good week socialising BUT.....
I miss this place....

and I really miss this lady....

Its odd being back in the humdrum of civilisation... don't get me wrong I have thoroughly enjoyed having daily showers, sleeping in my bed etc etc... but I don't like being back at work, I don't like the manic-ness of life, electronic communication, the pressure to be everywhere and doing everything rather than just being...

But most of all I really really miss the closeness of being with a best friend all the time and sharing fun times, sad times, tough times, laughter and silliness...!!



















in Boston

1 comment:

Jen K said...

Hi Jo Jo,
It was soooooo good to see you again. You look great! Thanks for lending me your fleece. Gotta find a way to get it back to you. The Boston Marathon did not go as planned but I crossed the finish line. Thanks for cheering me on.
Jen.