Monday, 28 April 2008

Being a big girl!

So you all know that I am not so great at doing stuff on my own but today I did 2 things!

1) I started swimming lessons! I have so many friends (Ailsa, Carla, Mum!) who can get in a pool and just swim crawl for length after length and I can't.... and I want to so..... I am having lessons to improve my technique so that I will be able to swim length after length! It was really good tonight! There are only 5 in the class and the instructor is really funny and seems very good and we did lots of drills and actually swam in total half a mile of crawl! Not bad! Think I could be aching tomorrow!!

Oh and Dad you know that issue I have with running... of setting off too fast... I got told off for it with my swimming too!!! Thought you would appreciate that!!

2) So at the end of May there is a 3 day weekend here... and all my friends are away for the weekend or moving (Denice!!!!) and so I need something to do...! So I have signed up for a climbing course for the weekend!! Thanks Terry, Charlie and Sally for the 'why wouldn't you...' comments!!

I'll keep you posted on how I get on with doing things on my own!!!

2 comments:

Mum & Dad said...

Well done Jo, hope you enjoy the swimming as much as I do - good luck with climbing!!!

Mum & Dad said...

Just saw the pic of you and Nas in your hats... did not come up before - good pic as is the 3 of you- Nas , Jo + sherpa friend.
Yes 'real' life is a bit hum drum but it pays for the good bits.
You do remember the good bits from yesteryear ? Well now you are learning what 'grown-ups ' do between spending loads of dosh enjoying themselves!!!!
But it is good, role on more exploits.
Love
D xxx