Thursday, 31 January 2008

A really good week!

Last weekend was another Boston based one but after my mid week trip to Cincinnati that was fine and I really had a lovely time and I got some sofa time!

Friday night I went out with Vic and Vic to a new bar in town called Clink - its an old prison hence the name! Then on Saturday I caught up with friends (Carla Rob, Ailsa) and family on the phone and I went for an accupunture session (very good!) and I also did some prep for my Corporate Athlete work... more to come on that later. Saturday night I had a BIG catch up with my sofa and my blankie and it was sooooooo nice!!

Sunday morning after a lush chat to Hazel and caught up on her work trip to Iran - now that is a cool trip! Then I went for a run.... in the snow in my snow chains that I love to wear on my shoes!! It was so nice!!

In the afternoon Camelle and I went and explored Charles Town as its a place we go quite a lot for dinner so we thought we would have a mooch round the area and see what was there and what the monument is all about!!






In the evening I walked over to The Dish - I know these photos didn't come out very well but I hope that you can grasp how pretty Comm Av looks! Keith and Denice thanks for a fun night out - it was really nice to catch up!



So that was the weekend... now for the week and on Wednesday it was time for me to run my very first Corporate Athlete training class!! Last week at the end of my Train the Trainer class I was asked if I could co-run the training class this week and of course I jumped at the chance all be it somewhat nervously!! But I have to say.... it was BRILLIANT!! I thoroughly enjoyed being a trainer and making a difference! My co-trainer was really nice and very similar in stlye to me and the people on the course were really engaged and interactive so made our job as trainers easier! And they said we did a good job so that was good!! Really looking forward to the next one!


Dad was 60 today, Wednesday - Happy Birthaday Dad!! To celebrate Dad's Birthday I got well and truely out of work mode and SPICED UP MY LIFE! Yes last night was the night that The Spice Girls came to Boston!!! And they were amazing.... and I reverted back to being a 20 year old student again singing along to all the songs and grinning my head off!! Brilliant!!





Now here I am sat on my sofa updating you all on what I am doing and watching National Geographic all about the building of the World's 3rd highest building in Shanghai - its 101 floors!!! And it is stunning! Maybe I will be able to see it soon.....

Lots of love to you all! me xxx oh and GO PATS! Its Superbowl weekend this weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Mum & Dad said...

Thanks Jo , my running friends all sang Happy Birthday last night , now it is on the blog sooooooooooooo everyone knows.
No secret 60 for me then!!

Still sounding chill.

Love D
xxx