Sunday, 8 July 2007

4th July week

I got back from my amazing holiday on Monday night, went to the office on Tuesday and it was so lovely and quiet because most people were away for 4th July vacation! Tuesday night Liz and I had a catch up and a couple of bottles of wine at Bouchee on Newbury Street! Wednesday morning I woke up late and didn't have to go into the office because it was July 4th! Perfect!! So the girls (Liz & Denice) came over for brunch and then we went to get our nails done!




Pretty! We all got the same nails as its Denice's Birthday next week and so Liz and I wanted to match the Birthday Girl!!

Thursday and Friday it was back into the office but again it was very quiet so I caught up on quickly after my holiday! Friday night it was time to chill on the sofa with curly hair and a dvd!

Then on Saturday Camelle and I had plans to have a day trip. We headed to Gloucester and went sea kayaking!

It was really beautiful up in Gloucester and great to be out and about in the fresh air!

Quite fancy living here!

We kayaked out to a place called Hermit point and a bit beyond and then back! There was only one drama when Camelle took the short cut through the rocks and got grounded and nearly tipped out!!

From the water we had seen this place below that we assumed (as a Brit and Kiwi) was a pub as there were lots of people sitting at picnic benches, we tried to access it from the seaside but couldn't so we thought we would find it once we got back.... 3 hours later we were back on dry land (with sore arms!) and found it.... it was a BYO they didn't sell beer - not happy!! So there we were grumbling about the lack of beer whilst we drank our water and the people sat near us heard us and gave us 2 of their beers... how nice were they and how happy were we! Nice view hey!


It was a bit early for dinner at our place by the sea so we headed back into town and found a place by the sea in Boston - Tavern on the Sea is a favourite of Camelle's and I can see it becoming a favourite of mine too! Great atmosphere, good food and a NZ Sauvignon Blanc!


Thanks Camelle for a lovely day and evening out, I look forward to more fun times!

Today, Sunday was a chilled day, I went for a run on my own and then went for another run with Liz and Ihab and then we all went for a late lunch in town with a Geneva friend... chilled! What a shame that I have to go back to work!!!

No comments: