Saturday, 19 May 2007

Memories

Today I took my engagement ring to the jeweller.... last week went I went to enquire about having the diamond reset it felt funny but the right thing to do.... today it just made me cry....


I didn't know what was wrong with me today when I woke up I just felt heavy hearted, I called Terry and just cried - no reason well lots of reasons but not one of them big enough to make me sob like I did. Terry gave good advice - take the ring to the jeweller you will feel better.



I called Liz, I couldn't do it on my own. On the way to Liz's I put the ring on - first on my wedding ring finger - it felt very odd there, next on the other hand.... it looked pretty, sparkly.... happy.... I took a photo and cried again




So there it was my engagement ring - so many memories, good and bad.

I wonder what my diamond will look like when I get it back... prettier? sparklier? happier? I expect so! Can't wait to see!!

1 comment:

Rob and Carla said...

That diamond will look stunning on you - that was a super brave of you Jo - a big well done !!! Glad now that we did not toss it into the waters of Portofino on that crazy weekend :-) Maybe you should name it Gramps diamond :-) I also suggest buying a new dress to wear with your new piece of jewlery :-)
Well done my friend.xxxx