Ailsa landed at 7.30pm and we were at the Jet concert in downtown Boston by 9pm! It was a great start to a GREAT weekend! The concert was really good - we didn't really know who they were before we went but we do now and we really enjoyed the concert!
Friday dawned and I had the day off!!! Hurrah!! We had a chilled morning, we went and got breakfast and chatted and eventually the rain turned to sunshine and we went for a mooch round town! I have decided that the time has come to reset the diamond from my engagement ring into another piece of jewellery so we went to a funky jeweller in The South End... it feels good to do this. I got my diamond on the day of my Grampy's funeral and so it is a very special jewel and I would like to wear it and now it will be put into a necklace and I will be able to!
Friday night we got glammed up and met up with Liz for dinner and drink... ouch sore head on Saturday morning!!
On Saturday we decided to head North to Lake Winnipesauke in New Hampshire. This is what we found!

Quite fancy this house with the above view!!
We started off at Wolfeboro which is a small town on the east coast of the lake. Its a very sweet town and its surrounded by the White Mountains. This is essentially the Lake District area of New England. There are beautiful lakes and islands and there are definately lots of hours to be spent exploring here!
Ailsa and I were advised to go for a walk along the old railway track...
We found a boat.... I think I need to find the owner and go water skiing!!
How sweet is the quote on this bench...
I definately want to come back here and explore the hills and ski on the mountains and on the water too!
Saturday night was chill on the sofa time!
Sunday morning we went for a run, I wanted to show Ailsa where I run every week because it really is stunning! Check out these views!
Meg called when we got back - did we fancy a picnic and a walk - of course we did! Off we went half an hour south and found a really great park whose name I have forgotten! But yet again another place to go back to!
Monday - I went to work - booooooo hoooooo but Ailsa had a lovely day seeing the sights of Boston in the spring time. The day finished like every Monday night - in The Dish with Liz, Denice and Meg!


Tuesday morning Ailsa had to leave and I cried from the airport back to the office... it was one of the best weekends ever it really was, I have made some really lovely friends here but I miss my old friends a lot and so to be able to spend a sunny weekend with Ailsa was fantastic! It was great to see Ailsa in such happy and smiling form and I feel in a much better place than when Ailsa was last here too so all in all it was a weekend filled with lots of laughing, smiling and chatting!
Thanks Ailsa - see you in Vegas!!



No comments:
Post a Comment