Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Running!!

So having been so motivated by watching the Boston Marathon I got on a mission to find a running club in Boston. L Street running club was recommended to me by the Boston Running Company owner as its a friendly club who run by the seaside and have proper training sessions!

So tonight I went along - its a 5 minute drive from my office in South Boston so there are no excuses for not going every week! The club has about 700 members and a strong marathon team! The girls that I ran with tonight had all done Boston last week, they were a slower pace than me but hello they were out running a week after their mararthon and it took me a good few weeks to get out!!

I've always known that running is a good way to explore and tonight was no different We did a 6 mile loop and found the JFK libraryand a lovely beach all 5 mins from work!!! We ran by the sea for most of the run which was just perfect for me - Carls you would love it - one of the girls was talking about swimming after our runs in the summer.... now that reminded me of our summer runs and then swims in the lake!

The Club meet every Tuesday for a 6 mile run and then Thursdays for an 8 miler and also on Sundays (at 8am!!) for a 10 mile run or a marathon training run if its that time of year!

I think I have found my club!! They seem very similar to Hardley Runners (Dad) and Ranelagh (Sophie!) in that they are social yet serious about running!! Perfect for me!

This is their website! www.lstreet.org

1 comment:

Rob and Carla said...

Now thats perfect Jo - a great way to meet people and also to meet your target at the Cape Cod marathon. I think you should aim for 3.40 now ! Envious as I have lost all running partners and as you know - no running club in Geneva. My half marathon partner has now pulled out - so am probably solo this year. Miss you.