Having had another manic week at work BUT a week where I managed to escape and get home in time to run in the lovely sunshine a couple of times I was feeling really good and just dead excited about spending the weekend with my family!
I got to the airport about half an hour after they landed thinking they would be through very quickly...... and I waited and waited and waited.... but eventually they arrived :0)
First introduction to America was not good - being kept waiting an hour + to get through passport control when its 5am at home did not make them very happy especially Terry.... BUT then he got a ride in big sisters new car and suddenly the world was a GREAT place again!!
Saturday morning arrived and everybody had slept well in their new holiday home, so we had a leisurely breakfast and took some 'at home' pics for Nan!
and then we headed out to see some of Boston. It was a stunning day and so we went for a walk along the Charles River and along Charles Street and into the common. Everyone was really impressed by the sunshine, it was a typical Boston crisp and sunny day!
Dad was very snap happy - thanks Dad excellent pics!
After a coffee on Charles street we headed along Commonwealth Avenue my favourite street in Boston! And then we went into Nike Town... an hour later I think we emerged... Terry was to use his expression 'like a pig in shit!'
Then it was time for a little lunch on high... When I had been in Boston on a work trip in October I had been taken to Top of the Hub which is a restaurant on the 52nd floor of The Prudential Tower and as well as serving very yummy food it had an incredible view of Boston and the surrounding area so I thought it would be a perfect place for first day lunch!
Mum was very happy with Champagne 52 floors up!
Saturday night we had dinner at home and Liz came over - everyone was very tired - Liz due to a hangover ;0) and the rest of us from lack of sleep! But it was a lovely evening chilling, eating and drinking at home!
On Sunday we decided to head South - Newport looked like a likely spot as it was where the America's cup had been held and there was a nice cliff walk so we would get some fresh sea air - and we did! We also got to see how the other half live... check out the size of these mansions!
On our way home we decided to drop into Wrentham - for those of you who know Boston you will have heard of this place as its where to go to get cheap clothes and shoes! Terry spotted Nike from about 5 miles away I think and got increasinly excited - no surprises there!! Anyway Dad and Terry both left Wrentham with 2 pairs of trainers each and a BIG grin on their faces as they would've paid double that in the UK (T only told me that about 10 times in the next hour!!!)
Sunday night we decided to have dinner at home again but it was disturbed by the smoke alarm - now we can laugh about it but at the time it was not amusing at all!! The smoke alarms started because the previous tennants had left a dirty oven (and no I hadn't found this out in 3 months living here!!)and because they are hard wired to the central block there was no way they were going off until Terry standing on a table ripped them from the ceiling!!
Lovely to have you here with me in Boston Mum, Dad and Terry!
No comments:
Post a Comment