So having ummed and ahhhed for a while I signed up for the tri and then some swimming lessons! (see previous posts!!) This week there were quite a few what the heck have we done comments going around but we all decided that we would go and do it if only for the laugh and the experience!!
After getting to Falmouth for a nice leisurely lunch and laze on the beach we wnet to check out the course and register! Here's the swim course.... yep in the sea! You can just make out the buoys we had to swim around!
So for all my worries about how it would be I have to say I LOVED it!!! As predicted by many of you!!! I had forgotton the pleasure that I get from racing and really getting stuck into something and pushing myself!! The swim was quite tough, the bike was fun and the first bit of the run was quite amusing and very odd as the legs tried to figure out what they were meant to be doing! But then I got into it and loved the run and before I knew it it was up onto the beach for the finish!!
Thanks Meg and Luke for having the idea and for arranging everything!! I'll be signing up for the next one tomorrow!!! Camelle thanks for being chief photographer and support crew!! September we will have to get a new support crew as you'll be racing!!
3 comments:
Yes - was a goodie. Was rather okay-ish after the race but now absolutely shattered! 9 o'clock beddie buys for me.... Loved doing it all together - kind of sums up our Boston weekends doesn't it - in the great outdoors, doing something together, and laughing alot whilst we're at it!
love meg's new hair! you all look very fit and sporty! can't wait for the pics from the next one.
You've crossed over to the dark side, mate! There is no return ; )
Post a Comment