A week ago I flew into the UK and spent a day with Mum, Dad and Terry at home going for a walk, having a good chillout and being fed well (by Dad!!)! Perfect family time!
Then On Saturday lunchtime after a run with Dad it was off to see family Jones for the day and evening.... Lucy has definately passed the stage of looking overweight and is looking very pregnant!! How exciting! So lovely to see you all! See you when you are a family of 5!!!
Sunday morning it was up early and off to Heathrow... my flight was cancelled due to snow - looked more like slightly fluffy rain to me but BA were in charge so snow it was! Eventually I arrived in Geneva and made it to Jack's Birthday party so I got to see the whole Chene Bougeries gang and give and get some cuddles... then it was back to see Rob in hospital and Toni and Ian were there visting so that was nice to catch up!
Carls and I had a lovely day on Monday playing in the snow on the Saleve before going to get Rob and bring him home! He seemed very happy to be home and finally on the mend! So lovely to catch up, chat about the wedding plans and just chill!!
Tuesday I had to go to work.... not fun! After a particularly shit day I was very very glad to meet up with Hazel and have a steak at the Relais d'Entrecot!! After a darn good girly catch up it was time to head back to their lovely home in France.
Wednesday was another full on day at the office and then we had a work dinner in town. When I got back to Damian and Hazel's I instantly knew something was wrong... very very sadly Hazel's brother in law had been killed in a motorbike accident..... words failed us all that night and will for a long time.... life isn't fair... father of 5, everything going well and then something dreadful happens... Sometimes life just sucks!! Big big hugs Hazel... thinking of you all!
Thursday was another work day with a bit of light relief at lunch when I caught up with an old friend which was very refreshing!!! Friday I decided to hang out at Carla and Rob's and work, Carls left early to ski in the fresh powder and Rob and I worked from home! It was a good plan as I cleared pretty much everything down so I can go on holiday!!
So all in all.... Geneva is an amazing place and is so very dear to me as are my friends there!
Thank you all for your hospitality and sorry I didn't see you for very long some of you....
And now as I sit hear waiting for my plane at Geneva airport heading for Ailsa's I cannot help but wonder what lies in store for Nas and I when we leave for Nepal tomorrow!!! So many adventures I am sure.... Honestly I cannot wait to be away... no phone, no work just the mountains and fresh air and exercise!!!
And when I return who knows.... but I know one thing somethings have to change!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
5mins or 5 hours we dont care thanks for coming to see us and for all the pressies too.Have a great time in Nepal and we shall all be in touch soon. Take care love M1 M2 M3 and J1
Yes G is lovely and the folks too ..........
Just reviewed Vail .. Nepal is just it!- surely from a mountain perspective.
Lucky girl.
Love D
xxx
Post a Comment