Having gathered my thoughts and senses I jumped in a cab... (yep a yellow one!!) and headed to the hotel to meet the girls and have a glass of wine!
Thursday morning we got up and as our hotel was 2 blocks from Time Square and one block from Broadway we simply took a walk!! This is Time Square!
It was a really lovely sunny day so perfect for wandering round and getting a feel for the place! Ev (Birthday Girl!) had a personal shopper booked for the afternoon so Ailsa and I headed to the shops too! Well its one of THE things to do in NYC!!
We got to see a few sights like the Empire State Building too though!
Friday morning I was told by text that snow was on its way... then I opened the curtains and realised that it had already arrived! Here's Ailsa contemplating what we should do today given that everything is covered in 4 inches of snow!!
After a long breakfast and deliberation we decided to take a double decker bus tour around New York so we could see the sights!
This is very typical down town residential New York.
We thought we would fit in here!
The Town Hall!
It was really really cold so we basically made our way round New York stopping very frequently at Starbucks! After an early supper we started walking back to our hotel and I 'got' New York!
Saturday morning it was time to do something that I have wanted to do since I came to the USA... go for a run in Central Park! Bless Ailsa for coming with me.. she's a star friend!!
No we didn't race but we did have a really lovely run! I miss running with my girls!!
After our run we hopped on the bus again and went to see The Statue of Liberty - we didn't have enough time to go out on the boat so will do that next time! Then we took a look at Ground Zero - felt very strange to be there and going into the local Burger King to see 'the hole'.......
The afternoon was spent shopping... I found a dress for Carl's wedding... so excited already about that wedding!!!
In the evening we went up to The Rockaefeller Tower to check out the views... and have drinks! Very Very Cool!!
Sunday morning it was sadly time to come home. It was a stunning journey though and it was nice to actually be back in Boston and have the girls to stay!!
Overall New York was very cool and I will definately go back but it also made me realise what an amazing city Boston is to live in, I love being so close to the river, the mountains, town, friends and even work - lets face it....Boston rocks!!!
1 comment:
glad you had a good time in New york and managed to run in Central Park!!!
Love Mum
Post a Comment