Friday, 16 March 2007

Poland

So much for rebalancing my life.... Poland is not at all condusive to this at all!!

I am sure Poland is a lovely country and one day I would like to come back and see the good side of Poland but right now 'Get me out of here'!!

Lodz is about 3 hours south ish of Warsaw and its quite a poor area of Poland although since Gillette and some other companies like Dell, Kodak etc moved in it has become a lot richer! This time last year when I was in Poland it was -20C but thankfully this week it was a mild 15C so that did help to make the trip a lot nicer!

I arrived on Monday night on a delayed flight and our dear taxi driver did try to get us to Lodz by driving extremly quickly..... I like the journeys where it takes over two hours.... but it took under and I was sat in the front of the car wincing all the way... scary stuff!!

So its been another week of work work work, there really is no down time when I am here other than when you are sleeping as you are in all day meetings and the 'socialing' with colleagues in the evenings!! Poland is amazing from a factory perspective, the factory is very impressive - its huge... three years ago it was a green field and a year later we started packaging razors and blades there and two years on its a huge facility that churns out millions of blades and razors. This week another new product was in production and it is always really good to see another project come good after hours of hard work.

Wednesday night we went out for the team dinner which was actually really good - no cabbage in site but yes I did have pork its pretty much the only thing that tastes any good! When I get the photos of the meal I will post it here because it was my best meal ever in Poland!! Amazing... no vegetables just meat though which seems to be the way here!!

Thursday was my day to present to the team - first big meeting I have held on my own in my new job and although it went well it was rather too stressful for my liking.... and certain factors/people didn't help so will need to sort that out for next time.... who said this new job was fun!! Thursday night was a case of travelling back (yep scary taxi journey again) to Warsaw grabbing a G&T and heading for bed.... and a catch up with Lucy & my bro - best part of my week!!

So now its back to Geneva to see Anita and Hazel and then family Clifford Brown and Jones are arriving for a ski weekend and I am SOOOO excited to see them all! No doubt there will be some funny pics of Phil skiing & Emily, Olivia and Imogen all looking gorgeous to post on Tuesday when I get home! VERY excited to be going to see everyone and also looking forward to going home to Boston and doing that balance thing!!

No comments: