Its stunning... Got here yesterday after a few hours drive... the scenery is stunning! The glaciers and lakes and snow capped mountains just were temptingly close... made me want to ski again.. hiking will have to do as no lifts to the top ofthese gorgeous peaks and´I´ll leaving hiking the creavsses til next week thanks!!
The little town is quite cute and a typical hikers set off point... very amusing characters wandering round town!
This morning I was convinced by Denice to get up early and go to watch the sunrise... Denice didn´t make it but I went out with another Aussie instead... there are a few round here ;) the clouds in the valley were incredible but the mountain needs full sunlight to really look its best! It was worth the 5.45 wake up! After breakfast we set off to Torre... it was a really pretty walk and the glacier got closer and closer and closer until eventually right after lunch we got to it... well the lake in front of it! It was amazing to be so close to the glacier but we couldn´t stay long...it was SO windy... the winds heer are incredible about 70mph today at the lake.... its making photography slightly challenging but theer are some great photographers here so I am getting tips! and what the heck I have the photos in my mind anyway!
So now after a good 7 hour hike its time to chill... catch up.... and eat more meat no doubt! I might even have to go veggie after this trip!!
Tomorrow 5 of us are breaking away from the main group and going early - leaving at 6am to catch the sunrise as it was stunning today (only 2 of us made it though) and we want to see it from a different vista! Bed early tonight me thinks!!!
Lots of love from the Windy Wilds of Patagonia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment