Thursday, 29 October 2009

Mum's fall visit

Mum's trip was well timed - I needed hugs and to chat.... I got a lot of both and they helped alot!!

Last weekend we went to Connecticut to see the sea and the leaves. It was lovely to get to run on the beach, have a massage, eat great seafood, sleep alot and stomp in the leaves!















I needed a chilled weekend and it was somehow fitting that it was raining on Saturday when I didn't know what to do but then sunny on Sunday when I had made my decision!

Conneticut was nice but you can tell its not in New England as it just doesn't have the wow factor that New England has - apparently its a place where New Yorkers go to chill and that is what it really seemed to be - very chilled... nice but no wow. Very glad we went though as it was lovely to see the sea and the leaves and just chill!

Mum's week was spent exploring Boston - I think she knows the city and Crate and Barrell better than I do!! We had evenings at home eating 'Mum cooked food' and relaxing - exactly what I needed and it was lovely to spend time together.

Mum managed to get some great shots of Boston while out and about!







This weekend it was time to have a clear out! We went through wardrobes and lofts and cupboards and now there are big bags for charity and the bin men! And less stuff for me to bring home! We actually blitzed the house and so today we went to blow away the cobwebs at Duxbury!





Thank you, thank you, thank you Mum for coming to visit and for all your love and hugs too - life is good and i'll be thinking positive thoughts....

Lots of love xxxx

No comments: