Sunday, 13 September 2009

Frustation!!

I said when I started this blog that I would tell the truth so here's the truth about the last few weeks! I have had some lovely times especially last weekend on The Cape but overall its been a tough few weeks emotionally.

As you know I have got a new job in the UK and I thought that things were looking good for leaving Boston by the end of the year, taking a couple of months off doing REALLY fun stuff and then being back in the UK for Mid Feb! To cut a long story short it seems that whilst the job is confirmed in the UK they need to find my replacement and budget constraints mean that they want to get someone in at a lower level so I have had to find a way to help them reorganise the department to be able to do this. So I figured out a plan... (not sure that was really my job but hey its in my best interest so I did it!) And now I have done this they are now saying that I will need to take some of my job with me when I move to the UK in my new role (interesting point to note this will mean that 2 people will be doing my job whereas I do it all on my own at the moment....!!) and that they are not sure when I will be able to leave and whether I will be able to have my 2 months off...

To say this is frustrating is a mild understatement.... I was so excited to be going home by the end of the year and now to have everything up in the air is annoying! They are advertising my job at the moment so I am hoping that they get someone in who wants to start straight away and that my boss lets me leave and have 2 months off but it seems to change every other day at the moment.

Being someone who likes to make decisions and have a plan... you can't help the way you are hard wired hey... I am trying to go with the flow and be cool but last Thursday I did lose it and feel like I wanted to simply stamp my feet and shout 'I just want to go home!'

Anyway on a positive note I am still looking at the South America trips - just found one that includes hiking, biking and kayaking through Patagonia...... How can I not go!!!!

Thanks to those of you who are listening to me stress about not having a coming home date/plan! See you all in the UK sometime early 2010.... just not sure quite when......

No comments: