A massive THANK YOU to Dave, Lisa and Theo for inviting me and Meg and Luke to stay for the weekend at their house in Brewster.
After 3 weeks of what can only be described as tough on the heart and head i was really looking forward to 3 days off but I had no idea a) how much they were needed and b) how amazing they were going to be!
Saturday morning I got up, packed the car and headed South! Meg and Luke introduced me to The Cape 2 years ago and I love it there especially in Brewster because its simply breathtaking!
I arrived and we all trundled to the beach a mere 3 minute walk from their house!! Nice! We played frisbee (Luke was impressed with the turn around in my skills since last year! Didn't like to tell him it was a complete fluke!!) read books had naps, played with Theo and chatted a lot, Meg and I even ventured into the land of resolutions for work life balance too... amazing how easy that is when sat on a beach!!
This was our view as we drank our G&T's.... lovely isn't it?!
We all walked (in maybe not such a straight line!!) back from the beach and had a BBQ... its fair to say that some lasted longer than others... but they did have a fair excuse called Theo right Lisa!!
Sunday morning Meg and I went for a lovely bike ride to practice for our charity ride at the end of the month and then we headed back to the beach... it wasn't quite so warm though BUT all being the Brits we are we huddled in our jumpers or under our towels and made the most of it! Sunday evening we went for supper at a local restaurant and admired the art (!!) and its fair to say it was a calmer evening than the previous one!
Morning morning was lovely..... we weren't at work and I got to run for an hour on that beach.... Life doesn't get much better than that!!
Carla / Ailsa / Nas - my wonderful girlfriends you were with me every step of the way.... I miss you and cannot wait to run and just hang out with you more!
The rest of Monday was lovely - funny that when I was at the beach again!! Then came the evening... and supper.... we got them alive and kicking and then had to cook them... us girls were quite squeamish at this!! Have to say though they were deliciously tasty!!
So that was it our chilled out deliciously lovely weekend!! Thanks again to Dave, Lisa and my hot date Theo... you are going to break hearts when you grow up and thanks to Meg and Luke too!
Meg - we need to make our changes.... we need to be true to ourselves, make our choices of what is important and do what makes us happy!
So what do I know from the last 3 weeks.... that I have incredible friends and family and that I need to focus on the big picture of what I want in my life and I need to live by my mantra... Do things to make me and those I care about smile and be happy... I haven't done a great job of this recently but its never too late to stop and change!!
Lots of love and Biggest of hugs
Jo xxx
1 comment:
so miss the cape.
Post a Comment