I had told Terry but sworn him to secrecy because I knew the next day he driving Mum and Dad to the airport and I wanted to be the one to tell them the good news not him!!
Seeing Mum and Dad's faces was excellent and it just yet again made me realise how excited I am to be going home! I have loved my time in both Geneva and Boston but the time is right now to go home to the UK and stay put for a while and spend time with my lovely friends and family.
So Mum, Dad and I had a great 2 weeks but wowses it was busy and we covered some mileage!!
The first weekend we just hung out in Boston, we did chores and went to a BBQ with Camelle and Sheriff and Ihab and we went paddleboarding! Paddleboarding was funny - Dad wasn't quite into it but Mum was!! They did really well until there was a squall as we tried to cross the harbour... it was time to lay down on the boards and paddle... easier said than done! Here are Mum and Dad at the end of the trip! Well done you guys you rocked!!!
Luckily Mum and Dad left Acadia a day early to meet me because the rain came in. This meant that they spread out their 9 hour drive over 2 days and could explore a bit more. Lets just say that when I met up with them they had had a FABULOUS time and couldn't stop talking about their drive across America! I was stunned but so so happy!! Look at what they saw!
Mum and Dad had driven across Lake Champlain - it was amazing! How do I know... well I flew over it! I had managed to find a flight from Boston to the Adirondacks, I was meant to be landing at Lake Clear close to the camp site we were to stay at but due to bad weather they put me on another flight to Plattsberg - like I knew where that was! Anyway a quick call to Mum and she said she knew where it was. So the interesting journey started.....
There I was waiting for the plane and we get called to it and I think wow this isn't many people to get on the plane... ummm actually 8 people filled the plane!!! It was tiny!! It was an experience and lets just say I was glad to land and very glad to be coming home in a car! Mum and Dad met me at the airport - well they thought it was an airport except for the fact that they had to knock on the door to get someone to let them in so they could meet me!! The man who opened the door also guided the plane in and was the baggage handler! Very amusing!
Here's my plane!
On Saturday morning we headed to our hike! We had been recommended to climb Mount Marcy but after a chat with the ranger when he asked if we had overnight gear or walking in the dark gear we decided maybe that route was a tad long and so we opted for Mount O... (I can't spell the rest of the name!!) it was definitely the right decision! It was a semi hard climb and the views were stunning and great news it only took us 6 hours so we were back in the daylight!!
Once we got down it was off to find out campsite.... all I can say is WOW!!!
Our pitch!
Early morning at our lake!
On Sunday it rained... and not just a little bit - but we went to Lake Placid and mooched around and Dad drank a lot of coffee and Mum and I bought new sneakers oh and we looked at Adirondack chairs!!! It was a lovely chilled day.
One of the reasons for coming to The Adirondacks was to buy some chairs - they are such a symbol of being chilled out and I can just picture my sat in my garden relaxing in one with a nice glass of pimms! Clearly this is UK garden in the nice house that I will one day have... next year!!
So we saw the chairs that I am going to buy but there was no way they would fit in the car (I want 4 - 2 for Mum and Dad and 2 for me!) so I will order them before I leave!
Sunday evening the sun came out so we had a lovely chill by the lake and then Monday morning we went for a run and packed up the tents and headed back to Boston..
The lakes on the way home were stunning!
Mum and Dad THANK YOU for an amazing trip - it was so lovely to explore and chill with you both! Looking forward to European and UK adventures next year! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment