Saturday, 30 May 2009

Chicago.... seeing Denice!!!

When I moved to Boston I hoped I would make some good friends... and I have been very lucky... some friends will probably be friends for a season but others are definitely for life! Denice is one for life!

Denice moved from Boston to Chicago last May and finally this May I got to see her in her new home by the beach!!

I arrived late on Friday... my flight was delayed due to bad weather even though it wasn't even raining in Chicago... very odd... But anyway we got there and I got to see Your Kitchen!!!!! www.yourkitchenchicago.com this is Denice's new business venture with Rodger and its so lovely to see it coming together so well!

Denice lives 5 mins walk from the beach on Lake Michigan and Ed LOVES it there! It was so lush to see him running around like a loon chasing the seagulls and dashing into the sea to fetch the ball and then shaking all the sand off himself it was pure happiness!! What a great place to live!!


Saturday morning after our beach walk Denice had a surprise.... so we trundle off through town and we're on the train and I say oh look at all the people with Cubs shirts on.. is there a game on? Denice says yep! and we're going!!

It was wicked!!! The ball park is sooooo pretty!

Here's Denice at her favourite ball park! Go Cubs!!! They won too - it was cool!

After the ball game it was time to go home and prep dinner for Denice's friends who were coming over the legendary Frank and Rodger and then Ralph and Dan too. Denice made a lovely meal of pork with rhubarb and the infamous potato salad!!! It was a really fun night!

Sunday morning it was back to the beach chasing seagulls on the beach with Mr Ed and checking out the view of downtown Chicago! Seems I will have to go back to check out that part of Chicago there wasn't time this visit!


Thank you Denice for a great weekend! It was lovely to see you happy in your new home! Thank you to for the Cubs game, I loved it and the Bratwurst too!
See you soon!
xxxx

1 comment:

denice & ed said...

yipeeee!!!! ed and i made the blog! how fat do i look!!!!!