Wednesday, 25 February 2009

A very lovely time with someone called Oly!

As most of you who read this will know I have a boyfriend... I know its all very exciting... and apologies for taking SOOOOO long to write about the 10 days that he was here for!  But here goes!!

Oly arrived in Boston on Thursday night with James and Harvey and we pretty much went straight out to Sonsie  and got on the beers or should I say Martinis... I am not a martini drinker BUT the boys were and they took a liking to Sonsie's espresso martini's....   funnily enough we didn't make out 6.30am run with Jen - Sorry Jen....

There were some very sore heads on Friday morning... actually I think James and Harvey woke up still drunk... Hilary what did you do to the boys once Oly and I left??  And how did you go to work???!!!

James and Harvey headed for Stratton on FRiday lunchtime and Oly and I went to Top of The Hub for lunch and a look at Boston... and a martini of course!!!  In the evening it was time for our Valentine's evening... as many of you know I wasn't a fan of Valentine's day but I like it now.... :)

Saturday morning we headed to Stratton to meet James, Beth, Jake and Harvey for a ski and fun times!  James's fiancee's family have a house in Stratton so it was a lively weekend with Beth, James, Jakey, Beth's parents, Harvey, Oly and I!  Lots of fun!!  Neil has these special passes to get you on the mountain at 7.45 before everyone else which were really cool.. although getting up at weekday time was tough!!!




On the way back to Boston on Monday we had a blow out on the car.... its great having a boyfriend!!  Obviously I knew what to do though Dad!!! 

Just after the tyre blew we stopped by a frozen lake with huts on it to see the ice fishing!  Oh and to have a dance on the ice...







The man even caught a fish while we were there although it was a small one so it had to go back.. which i was secretly quite glad about!!

Tuesday and Wednesday I went to work and Oly hung out in Boston seeing the sights and chilling out... oh and buying me presents like lovely flowers!


Wednesday night we drove to Northern Vermont... it was a long and very snowy drive..... Oly did a fantastic job of driving in the snow, luckily we managed to tail a truck for a lot of the journey but even so it was a tough drive but its funny how you don't mind driving in the snow when you know you are going to play in it the next day!!

We were skiing at Mad River Glen which had been recommended to me by some friends... it lived up to expectations... its a really cool old school resort!  The resort only had 4 lifts and one of them was called The Single... here's Oly on it.. its the only single chair lift in the US and the really cool thing is that its just been renovated and the owners of the resort voted to keep the single rather than put in a double so they keep the mountain as it is... a great ski!!



MRG had BRILLIANT glade skiing!  We were in heaven!! 
In the evening it was time for a Martini!!

Friday it was back to the slopes - this run was called fall line and was next to paradise.... yep it was paradise!!  Powder, powder and more powder!!







Oly had a great idea for us to take a telemarking lesson....  he failed to tell me  that he could do it though!!  It was great fun but I definitely need more practice!! Bring on Snowbird!!


One of the guys in the ski rental shop was really cool and we ended up in the bar with him and our teacher at the end of our tele afternoon for a couple of hot rums before we went to his house for a party!  Oh his name was James Martini - it just seemed soooo appropriate!!
Here's Mr Martini and the man in charge of The Single!
Saturday morning we went to Paradise......... 


What can I say - I am a HUGE fan of Mad River Glen - we had a brilliant 3 days skiing, eating, getting to know each other and having a lot of fun!!

Saturday afternoon we came back to Boston and met Meg and Luke for supper and then went to Camelle's for a party which was good fun... Luke and Oly share a best friend in the UK... small world!!!!

Sunday night after being my personal trainer on my 10 mile training run it was time for Oly to leave.... 

So there you have it everyone... a lovely lovely time and yes I am smiling alot!!!  Thank you Oly for a lovely 10 days see you next weekend!!!!


No comments: