Sunday, 18 January 2009

Snowy Boston

This week started very nicely....





It was a crazy crazy crazy week at work but it all came together on Friday night after a decompress session at the gym and the dinner at The Red House by the fire with Camelle and Hilary.  Not sure I needed the extra glasses of vino Graffton Street afterwards but we had a lot of giggles!

Saturday I went shopping with Ihab and I made him laugh and scared with my tom foolery in the snow!  I went for a 2km swim at MIT with Camelle and then built her wine rack and bike!  Always fun to get back to DIY fun!!  Then we had dinner and went for some drinks in Cambridge.  A fun day!

Today I woke up tired......  really tired..... as it was snowing it seemed like a great day to slouch about doing a whole lot of not a lot!  I had a scrummy chat with UK friends and family.... one chat in particular was really lovely.

I could see all this snow outside and in the end I went with my instincts, cancelled my afternoon plans and went for a walk on my own.... 

Peace is what I found and lots of reasons to go WOW I am one very very very lucky girl.


The river has frozen and now has snow on top of it..... the pictures don't do justice to the coolness!!



Cross country skiing on the esplanade!  Very cool!
Peacefulness

Frozen river!
The bridge into Beacon Hill

Pretty Beacon Hill in the snow!

Make way for the ducklings!!!


Playing on the lake!
With snow comes hard work though.... 45 minutes it took to unbury the cars from the snow!!


I have to say I am looking forward to going to Argentina on Thursday for some sunshine and of course fun times with Nas!!

Smiles xxx

1 comment:

Bro said...

lakeside!!! White Boston, V cool xx