Monday, 1 September 2008

Family Shearsmith adventures

On July 30th Mum, Dad and Terry arrived... on business class tooo.... they'd been upgraded and were much happier getting off the plane this time than they had been last April!

The first weekend arrived and we headed up North to New Hampshire and the lakes, the weather wasn't that kind to us but we had a good hike (even though Terry and I got eaten alive by the bugs!) and it was just lovely to be away and of course with M, D &T!







On Sunday night Terry and I left Mum and Dad in the mountains and headed back to Boston! Mum and Dad were going hiking hut to hut for a few days... Terry and I were going to watch Coldplay...

Dad having a reflective moment!


Mum, Dad and their new friends!
Coldplay..... they were AMAZING!
Terry and I were VERY excited.... it was really really cool to watch this concert with Terry! I had a lot of fun! I think Meg and Ihab thought we were crazy as we knew all the words!!
The next weekend was a bit quieter we just had a Boston weekend getting jobs done and going to MIT for a swim... Mum loved the new pool I have found her!



The next week I went to work and Mum Dad and Terry chilled out in Boston, going for bike rides and kayaking and looking after me! Mum and I went to see Mamma Mia.. that was fun!




Friday night it was time for a special night out... a trip to Fenway.... we were all excited and it was great to be in the stadium... and wearing our new hats but sadly the rain kept falling and so we didn;t get to watch a game.... VERY annoying!!
So after a rained out Red Sox game we got up on Saturday morning and headed to The Cape for 4 days.... Heaven!!


The beach at Brewster


Sporty Shearsmith's
Terry's smile sums up how we all felt!

Dad has wanted to go whale watching for years and so was keen to go from ProvinceTown... what a trip we had... it was clearly meant to be... we saw so many whales (25ish!) and they were breaching which apparently they don't do very often.... but they were having a party when we were there!


It was quite windy of the boat - I love this picture totally sums up the trip!!
On Tuesday it was our last day and so we went to Brewster beach again and we were quite happy..... until the storm arrived... and WOW did it arrive.


Here's a picture of the storm coming!


And that was that... the end of our trip... time to go home...

I loved my time with Mum, Dad and Terry here and its REALLY quiet without them! We had lots of fun times...

Mum book those flights for October! Can't wait to have you here again!

Really looking forward to fun on the slopes at Christmas with you all! Lots of love and BIG hugs xxx

1 comment:

Mum & Dad said...

Hello Jo , good summary of our trip and well chosen pics . I was sat in the middle of a stream contemplating actually - it was the only dry seat around whilst waiting for the others to catch up.
Good splits on the tri too.
3200 mtrs so it must be over 4000 next time !! and I managed just 2 lengths well !! You are v. lucky to have such a great facility so close to hand. Just like in GB - not !

Much love D
xx