So here's the first report from JH!
I arrived Sunday night - it felt like coming home to get here! It just felt soooo good! I got to the hotel - definately the right choice on a place to stay!!! I went to the bar and ordered a glass of champagne and supper and settled in to watch the end of the US v Canada HOckey match... it was a great atmosphere!
Monday was so delicious... I lazed a bit in the morning and went for breakfast at 9am in the hotel dining room... I sat eating breakfast whilst reading the newspaper... Yep I am on holiday! Then I got skis and hit the mountain! The snow is hard packed and FAST, the sky was blue and you know what - its a MOnday and I am NOT in the office! Swwweeeeeeet!! I just stuck to the groomers and WOW they felt good - the only thing missing was Ailsa - I wish she was here to be singing and whopping down the slopes with me like 3 years ago!
After 3 hours skiing I decided to call it quits - it was lovely out there but I was tired and I knew I was gunning it a bit too much! So I went to the spa for the afternoon and had a chill and a massage! Perfect!! In the evening I went to the bar for supper and met other people and chatted - it really is quite fun being on your own sometimes! One guy and I even went to the Mangy Moose - the best local hang out here in the village and watched the band - it was really fun!
Tuesday was Mountain Masters lesson time!!! I knew that if I wasn't careful I would take it pretty easy on my own so I decided to take a lesson for the day! I felt 12 years old in ski school again when we had to do a ski off to assess our ability!! I was put with 3 other women in Matty's group - at first I was like ummm this is basic but then I got it... WOW sometimes cahnging the basics REALLY helps your skiing!! Suddenly skiing became effortless.... quite an extradorinary experience! We skiied all over the place - bump runs, wide groomers and finally the last 3 runs of the day - in the trees...
All of that on a blue bird day.... that is my definiton of a fantastic ski day - oh and did I mention it was bluebird again!!!!!!
So today - Wednesday - not so bluebird but it is snowing..... and teh slopes need it so that is all good! I went skiing with the guy I had met at the bar earlier in the week and he's into bump runs so I had plenty of time to practice what I had learnt yesterday - it was fun! Then at 2.30 I said I'm done - time to go for a swim and chill... Ski camp starts tomorrow at 8am!!!!!! I needed to rest!
So now I am resting and I am about to go and get a steak and an early night so I can be raring to go at 8am!!!!!
More to come from Jackson Hole later in the week....
Oh and if you were wondering - NO I am not missing work! YES I am having a BRILLIANT time!!!!! Happiness is being here and now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray Jo. Sounds amazing although I will need a translator for your USA ski terms!
You went by yourself??? I AM impressed!
(That was Phil...)
Post a Comment